We're All In The Same Boat - National Poetry Day Pickings

Little boat on the Thames

National Poetry Day is nearly over already. The theme this year was 'water', and I have shared a couple of watery poems on my page, and will now share some more here.
I hope you all had fun today - possibly some of you attended poetry events. I didn't go anywhere this year, but I still had some poetry fun at home. Without further ado, here are the poems I picked:

First in line is Seamus Heaney's Storm On The Island.
A very watery poem, but hold on to your hats - it's no breezy sailing.. (ha..ha..)

Next up is Edward Lear's The Owl and the Pussy-cat.
I'm very serious. It's a water poem (well, all right, not all of it...), but it is fun.

And finally, T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land
There is a lot of water in there! In part 'III. The Fire Sermon', there are quite a few lines about the Thames - oh, I love the Thames! 


I wish I could have picked more poems, but oh, I don't know enough watery ones! I will make more of an effort, I promise. I did have two different ones on my page, so you can check those out. Tomorrow will be just another boring, normal day, but the good news is April isn't that far ahead - National Poetry Month is just around the corner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk