The Great Catch Up Day - Poems #21-23

Lake under the sun - photo by me



Three poems for the price of one..
I went cycling earlier, and enjoyed the sunshine in one of our many London parks, and wrote poems..

--

Goodbye to April

May around the corner
Once again noses run
Sneezes around but
The sun makes it worthwhile.
The lake shimmers this final
April afternoon. I sit and write poems.

--

The Dark Side of the Sun

A group of people are cooking a BBQ
and I sit close-by to admire the park
and the beauty of hot spring days.
These are the days where happiness resides
But did you know suicide rates go up in May?

--

End of Month Haiku

Sparkling sunlit lake
May the other side of Earth
Time to change my life

--

Disclaimer: These are poems I won't be spending a lot of time on. As such, I don't expect perfection (neither do I need it). However feel free to tell me what you think about them, and if you enjoy certain lines more than others - I'm quite OK with constructive criticism!

Are you participating in NaPo? Do you write poetry? Feel free to comment below and leave a link to your day one poems, and any general comments you wish to leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk