10 Things to See in Morocco

Ten Must-Sees of Morocco

Koutoubia Mosque
Koutoubia Mosque

At the end of February, I travelled to Morocco with two other bloggers: Chloe and Joy - we all currently live in the same town. Morocco had been on my travel list for quite a while, so I was very excited when the plane landed and I realised I was on Moroccan soil.

I will of course be writing about various aspects of our trip, but this post will concentrate on the highlights - ten, to be exact. Enjoy!

I'm in Morocco! What now?

1

 If, like us, you arrive late in the evening (thanks, Orly technical glitch, for the hour and a half delay!), you will need to have dinner. Luckily, eating out is nice and cheap. Since you are saving so much money, I'm sure you won't mind slipping a few morsels of food to the local cat.

I'd like extra sauce on that chicken, thanks.

2

After a good night's sleep, you don't want to linger in your hotel room! Get your camera ready and go have a stroll in the gardens (getting a good look at thKoutoubia Mosque (جامع الكتبية) on your way)

Do you mind? I'm trying to hunt.


3

The Saadian Tombs are very peaceful.

It's never a bad time for a nap.

4

The tombs date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur (1578-1603).

I have no idea who is buried here. I am just a cat.

5

You can walk around and admire the beautiful decorations.

Or, you know, groom yourself.

6

It's a wonderful place to linger and be thoughtful. 

I'd rather just nap.

7

You should head to the El Badi Palace (قصر البديع‎), making sure to soak in the atmosphere as you walk through the streets of Marrakesh.

Soak in my beauty, go on.

8

From Jemaa el-Fna (where we ate dinner the first night), it is a short walk back to the riad we stayed at. Along the way, you can do some shopping and enjoy bargaining.

Sorry, we are not for sale!

9

The place really comes alive at night, especially Jemaa el-Fna. You might meet some interesting characters,

No, I refuse to pose for you! 

10

Maybe one of the best things to happen to us in Morocco was meeting all sorts of different people, with interesting stories to tell - it was great to share experiences with people we had just met!

The purrfect friendship

Well, I admit, this is one of my less serious posts.. I sure hope you like cats (I know I do!) because I really enjoyed meeting these lil cuties whilst travelling. All of my comments still are valid, though! I will be writing about the places I've mentioned in more detail in upcoming posts.

I feel I should add - I do not consider cats 'things', but I did not want the title to give it all away too soon.. heh heh.




Comments

  1. I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha because who needs pictures of the actual places... ;) WOOO Morocco!

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry, they'll be coming up! Cats are just too cute!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I'm seriously laughing out loud right now!!! These cat pictures + captions are glorious. Crazy cat ladies unite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so lovely to see cats at every corner!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading, I'd love to know a little about your thoughts. Or you could just say hi! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk